3-8 Change 1
3-6. CLEANING FOR MODEL RAK-15 (Continued)
(7) Using a field mess spoon (Appendix E, Section II, Item 6), add one ounce (i.e., two
spoonfuls) of hand dishwashing compound (Appendix E, Section II, Item 3) to both
containers and stir vigorously to produce suds.
In step (8), retain the wash water if the cover (Subparagraph 3-6c) and/or
the main case (Subparagraph 3-6d) are to be cleaned.
(8) Clean the pull-action tap (8) by draining-off one canteen cupful of the outer container
(3) wash water and discard if not required.
(9) Using a scrub brush (Appendix E, Section II, Item 1) or a scouring pad (Appendix E,
Section II, Item, (5), scrub both containers until they are free of any persistent food
residue and/or discoloration.
(10) Discard the contents of both containers.
(11) Half-fill the outer container (3) with clean, potable water and rinse off all traces of hand
(12) Flush the pull-action tap (8) by draining-off the outer container (3) rinse water into a
receptacle of suitable capacity and discard.
(13) Rinse the inner container (2) with clean, potable water to remove all traces of hand
(14) Allow both containers to air dry.
To clean the cover, perform the procedure in Subparagraph 3-6c or to
clean the main case perform the procedure in Subparagraph 3-6d.
Otherwise, proceed to step (15).
(15) Return the HWR to normal service in accordance with step (2) of Subparagraph 3-6a.
c. Cleaning the Cover. Perform the following procedural steps in the given order: