Section IX. MAINTENANCE, ENGINE
(1) Remove the fan, guard, blower wheel and
blower wheel housing from the engine, paragraph 4-
(2) Remove the engine mounting base;
(2) Remove the 4 self-locking nuts which hold
(3) Remove the 2 engine support brackets;
(3) Remove the 4 screws which hold the engine
(4) Remove the 3 nuts which are located on the
c. Inspection Check the engine assembly for
cracks breaks, distortions, and any other visible
(5) Loosen the fan guard from the studs. (fig. 4-
defects. If it is defective, replace it as authorized.
Refer to TM 5-2805-256-14 for detailed engine main-
(6) Remove the engine with mounting base, fan,
guard, blower wheel and blower wheel housing at-
d. Assembly. Reverse the procedure in b. above.
e. Installation Reverse the procedure in a above.