TM 9-4520-257-12&P 0005 00
1. When the H-45 Type II (Liquid Fuel) Heater is first delivered, the stack assembly sections are
provided as curved sheet metal sections. They must be formed into cylinders and their seams
locked. Refer to the section entitled Assembling the Stack Sections for the H-45 Type II (Liquid Fuel)
Heater in WP 0009 00 for information on assembling the sections before initial use.
2. Outside the tent, roll back the flap (12) on the tent stack shield opening (11), and tie it back securely.
(Refer to the tent-specific operator manual for this procedure.)
3. Inside the tent, securely install the uncrimped end of one of the stack sections onto the crimped end
of another stack section (8-3). Securely install the stack cap assembly (1) with the attached guy lines
(2) onto the crimped end of the stack section (3).
4. Insert the stack cap and attached guy lines through the tent stack shield opening.
5. Securely install the bottom of the stack assembly (8) onto the flange (9) on the top heater shell.
6. One person should remain in the tent stabilizing the stack assembly, while two other persons go
outside the tent and retrieve the three guy lines (2) from the roof of the tent.
The use of a long stick or other such object (not supplied with the H-45)
may be needed to retrieve the guy lines from the tent roof. Once the guy
lines are retrieved, additional lengths of rope (not supplied with the H-45)
may have to be added to the end of each guy line before the ropes can
be anchored to the stakes.
7. Outside the tent, drive three stakes (not supplied with the H-45) into the ground, positioned evenly
apart and a minimum of 2 feet (0.61 m) from the base of the tent. Space the guy lines (2) equally to
ensure the stack is in a vertical and stable position. Securely anchor the guy lines (2) to the stakes
ensuring that the lines are stretched tight. Ensure the guy lines and ropes DO NOT touch the roof or
sides of the tent.