FIELD (UNIT) MAINTENANCE
LARGE CAPACITY FIELD HEATER
3-WAY FUEL SOLENOID VALVE
Tool Kit, General Mechanics (Item 2, WP 0092
MOS 63J or 52C
Main battery switch OFF and handle removed.
Heater end panel at fuel filler cap end of heater
Fuel is toxic. Be sure to place a petroleum absorbent mat or tray below the
fuel pump to collect any fuel. Be sure to wipe up any spills with a rag.
1. Remove heater end panel at fuel filler cap end of heater. Remove external fuel hose from fitting on
inboard side of end panel. Set cover and all hardware aside.
2. Remove the fuel inlet line (1) by loosening the nut (2) on the elbow fitting (3).
3. Remove the burner feed line (4) by loosening the nut (5) on the elbow fitting (6).
4. Remove the return fuel tube (7) by removing the nut (8) on the top of the 3-way solenoid valve (9) and
the nut (10) on the fuel return to tank fitting (11). Set the return fuel tube (7) aside.
5. Disconnect the solenoid wire harness (12) from the 3-way solenoid valve (9).
6. Remove the two screws (13) at the base of the 3-way solenoid valve (9). Set the screws (13) aside.
7. Remove the defective 3-way solenoid valve (9) and attached fittings from the burner valve mounting
8. With the assembly on a work surface, take note of the orientation of the fitting assembly with pressure
gauge (18) and remove from the left side of the 3-way solenoid valve (9). Clean any residual sealant
from the end of the fitting assembly with pressure gauge (18). Set the fitting assembly aside.
9. Note the orientation of the elbow fitting (6) on the right side of the 3-way solenoid valve (9) and
remove. Clean any residual sealant from the end of the elbow fitting. Set the fitting aside. Discard
defective 3-way solenoid valve.