FIELD (UNIT) MAINTENANCE
LARGE CAPACITY FIELD HEATER
FUEL TANK LEVEL SWITCH
Tool Kit, General Mechanics (Item 2, WP 0092
MOS 63J or 52C
Main Battery Power Switch in the OFF position
and handle removed.
Fuel is toxic. Be sure to place a petroleum absorbent mat or tray below the
fuel pump to collect any fuel. Be sure to wipe up any spills with a rag.
1. Drain the fuel tank (1) completely into an approved container. Ensure that petroleum absorbent mats
are placed under the heater to catch any fuel that may spill.
2. Tag and/or mark each of the fuel hoses and their respsective locations.
3. Loosen the fitting (2) and remove the tank vent hose (3).
4. Loosen the fitting (4) and remove the fuel pickup to remote/external solenoid hose (5).
5. Loosen the fitting (6) and remove the return from fuel filter hose (7).
6. Loosen fitting (8) and remove return from burner solenoid hose (9).
7. Disconnect fuel tank level switch connector (10).
8. Remove the ten screws (11) and lockwashers (12) that secure the fuel tank level switch assembly
(13) to the fuel tank (1). Set the hardward aside.
9. Note the orientation of the fuel tank level switch assembly (13) so that the new assembly can be
installed in the same position. Remove the defective fuel tank level switch assembly (13).
10. Install a new fuel tank level switch assembly (13) so that the assembly is oriented as noted earlier.
Align the holes in the assembly with the captive fasteners (14) in the fuel tank (1).