FIELD (UNIT) MAINTENANCE
LARGE CAPACITY FIELD HEATER (LCFH)
REMOVE, SERVICE, INSPECT, INSTALL
Tool Kit, General Mechanics (Item 2, WP 0092
MOS 63J or 52C
Heater shut down and cool.
Engine bay access door open.
Remove negative battery cable closest to
engine bay access door opening.
Remove engine cabinet cover over engine bay
Main battery switch OFF and handle removed.
Engine maintenance requires metric tools for the removal of all hardware and
1. Remove engine muffler (1) by removing the two nuts (2) on the left side engine exhaust studs (3).
2. Remove two bolts (4) retaining the lower rear muffler bracket to the engine.
3. Once muffler has been removed, place the muffler (1) out of the way on top of the heater cabinet.
Remove gasket (5) and set aside.
4. Tag and disconnect electrical wires (6, 7) from connection stud (8) by removing nut (9) and washer
(10). Reinstall nut (9) and washer (10) to prevent loss.
5. Tag and disconnect electrical wire (11) from starter solenoid lug.
6. Remove starter motor (12) from cylinder block by removing the lower bolt (13) followed by the upper