FIELD (UNIT) MAINTENANCE
LARGE CAPACITY FIELD HEATER (LCFH)
DIESEL ENGINE FUEL INJECTOR
REMOVE, INSPECT, INSTALL
Tool Kit, General Mechanic's Automotive
MOS 63J or 52C
Bolt, M8 or M9 x 100mm, minimum length (Item
Heater shut down and engine cool
Main battery switch OFF and handle removed
Engine maintenance requires metric tools for the removal of all hardware and
1. Disconnect rigid fuel supply line (1) from fuel injector (2). Disconnect fuel return hose (3) by loosening
2. Remove opposite end of rigid fuel line (5) on fuel injector pump (6).
3. Remove two nuts (7) and nozzle retainer (8) from studs (9).
When removing fuel injector, wrap it in a clean cloth to protect injector nozzle. Do not
place nozzle tip directly onto a hard surface, as damage will result.
4. Carefully remove fuel injector (2) from injection port (10) in cylinder head.
5. Remove injector spacer (11) and gasket (12) from injector port (10). Discard gasket.
1. Inspect fuel injector (2) for obvious damage. Check for clogged or dirty injector nozzle. Replace
injector if nozzle is damaged.
2. Inspect return rigid fuel line (1) for cuts, kinks, or crimping. Replace rigid fuel line if damaged.
3. Inspect return fuel hose (3) for cuts, tears, kinks, or crimping. Replace fuel hose if damaged.