FIELD (UNIT) MAINTENANCE
LARGE CAPACITY FIELD HEATER (LCFH)
AIR CLEANER ASSEMBLY
REMOVE, SERVICE, INSPECT, INSTALL
Tool Kit, General Mechanic's Automotive (Item 2,
MOS 63J or 52C
Heater shut down and engine cool
Main battery switch OFF and handle removed
Engine maintenance requires metric tools for the removal of all hardware and
1. Remove cover (1) from air filter housing (2) by removing wing nut (3) and washer (4).
2. Remove air filter element (5) from housing (2). Remove housing from adapter (6) by removing three
3. If replacement of air heaters (8) is required, disconnect electrical wire leads from heaters by removing
two nuts (9) and washers (10). Reinstall nuts and washers to prevent loss.
4. Remove adapter (6), air heaters (8), and gaskets (11) from adapter (12) by removing four screws (13)
and washers (14).
5. Remove adapter (12) from air intake duct (15) by removing three nuts (16). Remove gasket (17).
Remove studs (18) from duct only if replacement is required.
6. Remove air intake duct (15) from cylinder head by removing two screws (19). Remove gasket (20).
Cleaning solvents are flammable and toxic to eye, skin, and respiratory tract.
Skin and eye protections are required when working in contact with cleaning
solvents. Avoid repeated or prolonged contact. Work in well ventilated area
only. Keep away from heat, sparks, and open flame. Do not smoke while
using cleaning solvent. Failure to observe this warning can result in injury or
death to personnel.