FIELD (UNIT) MAINTENANCE
LARGE CAPACITY FIELD HEATER (LCFH)
WIRE HARNESS ASSEMBLIES
Tool Kit, General Mechanics (Item 2, WP 0092
MOS 63J or 52C
Heater shut down and cool.
Engine bay access door open.
Main battery switch OFF and handle removed.
There are numerous wiring harness assemblies and cables throughout the LCFH. The
inspection and repair processes for all are identical. Photos shown are representative of
all wire harnesses, connectors, and tie wraps throughout the heater.
1. Inspect the connectors (1) on the wire harness to ensure that all connectors are securely mated and
2. Inspect the wire (2) for any cuts or abrasions to the insulation that would expose bare wire. Repair
any breaks or abrasions as detailed below.
3. Inspect the tie wraps (3) and ensure that none are broken or cut. Replace any tie wraps that are
1. Repair any cuts or abrasions on the wires (2) with electrical tape, wrapping each repaired area with at
least two layers of tape.
2. Repair tie wraps (3) by removing any broken pieces and installing a new tie wrap.
3. Repair any broken or damaged terminal lugs (4) by replacing with new lug.