1. To replace a defective or damaged battery, tag and mark the battery cables (2) of the battery being
replaced. Mark the positive and negative cables as shown.
2. Loosen the nut (3) on each terminal of the battery being replaced and remove the terminal. To make
removal easier, it may be necessary to force the terminal open a bit using the blade of a flat blade
screwdriver in the gap (4) between the arms of the terminal. Pry the terminal connector (1) off the
battery terminal (5). If the terminal connector is damaged in the removal process, it should be
3. Remove the wingnuts (6) and lockwashers (7) that secure the battery T-bar (8) and set aside.
4. Remove the battery holddown bracket (9) that extends over the top of the battery and set aside.
5. Take note of the position of the battery being replaced. The new battery must be installed in the same
position. The negative side ( - ) (10) of both batteries must face the engine bay access door side of
the heater. The positive side ( + ) (11) of both batteries must face the heat exchanger side of the
6. Remove the battery from the battery tray and discard in accordance with unit SOP and local
7. Install a new battery in the same position as the one removed earlier. Refer to the previous step to
ensure the negative and positive sides of the battery are positioned properly.
8. Install the battery holddown bracket (9) set aside earlier that extends over the top of the battery.
9. Install the wingnuts (6) and lockwashers (7) that secure the battery T-bar (8).
10. Install the terminal connector on the appropriate battery terminal as tagged and marked earlier.
Tighten the bolt (3) on each terminal of the battery securely.
11. Install the battery master switch handle (12). Place battery master switch in the ON position.