FIELD (UNIT) MAINTENANCE
LARGE CAPACITY FIELD HEATER
REMOVE, INSPECT, INSTALL
Tool Kit, General Mechanics (Item 2, WP 0092
MOS 63J or 52C
Heater shutdown and cool
Main battery power switch OFF and handle
Be sure to shutdown the heater and allow to cool before servicing.
Failure to allow the heater to cool completely may result in severe burns
or other injury.
Be sure to place the main battery power switch to the OFF position before
removing the slave receptacle. Failure to do so may result electrical
shock and/or damage to the equipment.
1. Unlock engine bay access door (1) and open door to gain access to slave receptacle (2).
2. Remove outer protective cap (3) to gain access to slave receptacle mounting screws (4).
3. Slide flexible protective covering (5) off wire connections on rear of slave receptacle to gain access to
wire connection bolts.
4. Tag and disconnect electrical wiring (6) from the rear of slave receptacle (2) by removing hex head
bolt (7) and washer (8).
5. Remove slave receptacle (2) and attached outer protective cap (3) from heater cabinet by removing
screws (4), washers (9), and nuts (10).
1. lnspect receptacle for corrosion, evidence of electrical short, and obvious damage. Check terminal
connectors for damage.
2. Inspect electrical wiring for cuts, crimps, bare wire, or other damage. Ensure terminal lugs are