1. Using a multimeter, perform a continuity check from pin A at one end of cable to pin A at opposite end
of cable. Repeat for all pins. Ensure that there is continuity through the cable.
2. Using a multimeter, perform a short circuit test across all terminals of the connector. For example,
test from pin A to pin B, A to C, A to D, etc. Followed by B to A, B to C, B to D, etc. There should not
be shorts across any of the pins. If shorts exist, replace the operator control box cable assembly.
3. If there is a lack of continuity through the cable or shorts within either of the connectors, replace the
operator control box cable assembly.
1. Disconnect the operator control box cable assembly connector (1) from the operator control box
2. Remove the nuts or bolts (3) and lock washers (4) that secure the two clamps (5) that secure the
operator box cable assembly (6) inside the heater.
3. Remove operator control box cable assembly (6) from the clamps (5) and set the clamps, screws,
and lock washers aside.