FIELD (UNIT) MAINTENANCE
LARGE CAPACITY FIELD HEATER (LCFH)
MECHANICAL HOUR METER
Tool Kit, General Mechanics (Item 2, WP 0092
MOS 63J or 52C
Heater shut down and cool except during TEST
Main battery switch OFF and handle removed
except during TEST
Engine bay access door open except during
1. With the heater off, open the fuel system access door and record the number of hours displayed on
the hour meter.
2. Close fuel system access door and start heater. Allow heater to run at least 1 hour and 15 minutes as
measured on a wristwatch or other timepiece.
3. Shut heater down and allow to cool.
4. Open fuel system access door and record number or hours displayed on hour meter. If the number of
hours has not increased by one hour, replace the hour meter as detailed in the section of this work
package entitled REPLACE.
Write down the total number of hours displayed on the front of the hourmeter and report
this information to your supervisor so that an accurate record can be maintained of the
total hours operated for the heater.
1. Tag and/or mark the two wires leading to the rear of the hourmeter (1) on the back side of the fuel
panel assembly (2).
2. Remove the two spade connectors (3) that attach to the rear of the hourmeter (1).
3. Remove the two screws (4) and locknuts (5) that secure the hourmeter (1) to the fuel panel assembly
4. Remove the defective hourmeter (1).
5. Install a new hourmeter (1) through the opening in the fuel panel assembly (2).