FIELD (UNIT) MAINTENANCE
LARGE CAPACITY FIELD HEATER (LCFH)
INSULATED AIR DUCT, 16IN X 15FT
INSPECT, REMOVE, REPAIR
Tool Kit, General Mechanics (Item 2, WP 0092
MOS 63J or 52C
Heater shut down and cool.
The following procedures apply to both the inlet and outlet ducts.
1. Inspect the inlet and outlet ducts (1) for cuts, abrasions, or other damage that would permit air to
enter or exit the side walls of the ducts. Repair any rips or cuts in the duct before using.
2. Inspect the internal stow bar (2) for dents or other damage that would prevent the duct from being
1. To remove the inlet or outlet duct (1) from the heater, untie the tent duct tunnel ties and remove the
ducts from the inlet or outlet tent duct tunnels.
2. At the heater duct opening (3), push in and rotate the duct end ring (4) clockwise to disengage the
end ring (4). Pull the duct (1) straight out from the heater.
1. To repair rips, tears, or cuts in the fabric covering of the duct, cover with at least two layers of duct or
similar tape, overlapping the edges of the cut or tear by at least two inches.
2. If damage to the duct is excessive and it is not practical to repair with tape, the duct should be