FIELD (UNIT) MAINTENANCE
LARGE CAPACITY FIELD HEATER (LCFH)
EXTERNAL FUEL HOSE ASSEMBLY
Tool Kit, General Mechanics (Item 2, WP 0092
MOS 52C or 63J
Heater shut down and cool.
Engine bay access door open.
Main battery switch OFF and handle removed.
1. Inspect the fuel hose (1) and fittings (2) for any cuts, abrasions, dents, or other damage that may
cause the fuel hose to leak.
2. Ensure that all dust caps (3) are present, undamaged, and installed when the external fuel hose is not
1. Repair a damaged fuel hose fitting (2) by wrapping a rag around the fuel hose just below the fitting to
2. Grasping the hose over the rag with pliers.
3. Grasp the fitting (2) to be replaced with pliers and twist off.
4. Install a new fitting (2) by pushing onto the end of the fuel hose until fully inserted.