Cleaning solvents are flammable and toxic to eye, skin, and respiratory
tract. Skin and eye protections are required when working in contact with
cleaning solvents. Avoid repeated or prolonged contact. Work in well
ventilated area only. Keep away from heat, sparks, and open flame. Do not
smoke while using cleaning solvent. Failure to observe this warning can
result in injury or death to personnel.
1. Clean components with cleaning solvent and a clean rag. Allow to air dry.
1. Inspect crankcase cover (1) for cracks, deformation, or obvious damage. Inspect mating surfaces for
scratches, burrs, or blemishes. Replace cover if damaged.
2. Inspect cover gasket (3) for damage or deformation. Replace if damaged in any way.
3. Inspect gear (7) for broken, chipped, or worn teeth. Replace gear and camshaft (5) as an assembly if
gear is damaged or worn.
4. Inspect balancer shaft for signs of unusual or uneven wear. Check for obvious damage. Replace if
any damage or excessive wear is suspected.