SUSTAINMENT (GENERAL) SUPPORT MAINTENANCE
LARGE CAPACITY FIELD HEATER (LCFH)
REMOVE, SERVICE, INSPECT, INSTALL
Tool Kit, General Mechanics (Item 2, WP 0092)
MOS 63J or 52C
Oil, engine lubricating (Item 25, WP 0119)
Heater shut down and cool.
Engine bay access door open.
Main battery switch OFF and handle removed.
Grease, high temperature (Item 22, WP 0119
Engine maintenance requires metric tools for the removal of all hardware and
When removing crankcase cover, be careful not to damage oil seal.
1. Release crankcase cover (1) from cylinder block by removing fifteen screws (2). Carefully pry
crankcase cover from engine crankcase.
2. Remove cover gasket (3). Discard if damaged or deformed.
Exhaust and intake tappets (6, 7) may fall down when pulling out camshaft assembly.
Keep tappets separate to avoid confusion.
3. Remove valve cover (11) by removing three bolts (12).
4. Remove rocker arm assembly by removing two bolts (13) retaining rocker arm support (14). Carefully
place rocker arm assembly and hardware aside.
5. Remove push rods (8, 9) and set aside.
6. Lay engine on side and push lifter out of the way.
7. Carefully remove assembled camshaft components from cylinder block.