(2) Using a cloth dampened with solvent, wipe off the other parts of the filter. Wipe off the gasket with a clean,
(3) If the filter element is dented or bent, or if it cannot be cleaned, replace it.
(4) Tighten the pipe plug.
c. Reassembly. Reverse the disassembly procedure. Be sure to install the gasket before tightening the bail.
a. Adjustment . Whenever the fuel type is changed, or the heater is subjected to extremely low ambient
temperatures, the carburetor adjustment must be checked.
Adjustment can be made directly through the front access door. There is no need
to remove panels.
(1) Connect the room thermostat, external fuel pump, and power supply to the heater. Start the heater and allow
it to warm up for a few minutes.
(2) Turn the fuel needle (25, fig. 4-23) clockwise gently until it is seated.
Do not force the fuel needle. This may damage the fuel orifice and make correct
adjustment difficult or impossible.
(3) Turn the fuel needle counterclockwise one full turn, then turn only in 1/8 turn increments. After each
increment inspect the exhaust. The fuel flow should be increased until there is no odor of unburned fuel or any smoke.
(4) In low ambient temperatures it may be necessary to increase the fuel flow to achieve smooth burner
This space heater contains dangerous voltages which can cause severe electrical
shock. Be sure to disconnect the power plug before repairing the heater.
(1) Disconnect the power plug and shut off the fuel supply.