(3) Remove four screws (1, fig. 4-23) and lock washers (2) to remove the carburetor from the burner. Spill out
fuel remaining in the carburetor and dispose of in accordance with current directives for flammable liquids.
Do not attempt to clean the carburetor by applying compressed air to the fuel inlet
elbow while the carburetor is assembled. Pressure in the float bowl will collapse
the float and may cause other damage.
(1) Remove elbows (3 and 4), and pull out screen (5) from fuel inlet port.
(2) Remove four screws (6) and lock washers (7) which secure float bowl cover (8) to bowl (15). Pull off cover
and gasket (9).
(3) Pull out float pin (10) and remove float (11) and needle (12). Unscrew seat (13) and remove washer (14).
(4) Unscrew bowl (15) and remove pipe nipple (17).
(5) Unscrew choke body (24) and remove choke assembly from carburetor body (39). Loosen set screw (18) and
remove knob (19). Remove preformed packings (20 and 21) and spring (22) from stem (23).
(6) Unscrew and remove fuel needle (25), and remove preformed packing (26).
(7) Unscrew fuel mixer (27), and pull off preformed packing (28). Unscrew and remove fuel jet (29).
(8) Remove screws (30) and lock washers (31) securing bracket (32) to carburetor body, and pull off bracket.
(9) Remove hex nut at end of solenoid valve (33). Pull off solenoid coil and washer, and unscrew solenoid nut
from carburetor body. Remove preformed packing (34) from carburetor body. Do not lose solenoid plunger or return
(10) Pull out fuel heater (35) from carburetor body. Remove screws (36) and lock washers (37) securing fuel
thermostat (38), and remove thermostat.
(11) Discard all gaskets and preformed packings.