TM 10-4520-262-12&P 0018 00
1. Before replacing the battery pack, an attempt should be made to recharge the battery pack in
accordance with the Service section of this work package. If the battery is incapable of retaining a
charge and will not start the heater, it should be replaced.
2. To remove the battery pack (1) , remove the battery pack retainer (2) by removing the two screws
(3) on either side of the retainer (2). Remove the retainer.
3. Disconnect the battery pack connector (4) by unplugging from portion of connector mounted in
side of heater.
4. Slide the battery pack (1) out of the recess (5) on the side of the heater.
5. Dispose of the battery pack (1) in accordance with appropriate military and/or local regulations.
6. Install a new battery pack (1) into the recess (5) on the side of the heater. Be sure to orient the
connector (4) on the side of the battery pack so that it aligns with the connector (6) installed on
the side of the heater. Engage both halves of the connector and ensure that are firmly mated.
7. Install the retainer (2) in place over the battery pack (1) . Install and secure the two screws (3)
that secure the retainer.
END OF WORK PACKAGE