TM 10-4520-262-12&P 0041 00
SPACE HEATER, CONVECTIVE
RETURN AND SUPPLY DUCTS WITH DEBRIS GRILLS
INSPECT, REMOVE, REPAIR
Tape, Duct (Item 14, WP 0067 00)
Heater shut down and all advisory lights off. (WP
The following procedures apply to both the return and/or supply ducts and debris grills.
1. Inspect the return and supply ducts (1) for cuts, abrasions, or other damage that would permit air
to enter or exit the side walls of the ducts. Repair any rips or cuts in the duct before using.
2. Inspect the debris grills (2) for dents or other damage that would impair the free flow of air into or
out of the duct. Replace any debris grills that are damaged.
1. To remove the return or supply duct (1) from the heater, release the strap (3) that secures the
return or supply duct to the duct adapters (4) at the inlet or outlet end of the heater.
2. To remove the duct (1) from the tent duct tunnel (5), untie the strap (6) that secures the duct
inside the tent duct tunnel and pull out.
1. To repair rips, tears, or cuts in the fabric covering of the duct, cover with at least two layers of
duct or similar tape, overlapping the edges of the cut or tear by at least two inches.
2. If damage to the duct is excessive and it is not practical to repair with tape, the duct should be