(3) Always provide metal-to-metal contact between fuel container and fuel tank to prevent a spark from being
generated as fuel flows over metallic surfaces.
(4) Do not operate the heater unit inside a building unless the exhaust gases are properly vented to the outside.
(5) Be sure the duct dust covers are removed prior to operation.
(6) A 50-lb. (22.7 kg) capacity carbon dioxide fire extinguisher should be available on a standby basis in the area
where the heater unit is to be operated.
(7) Do not operate the heater unit for longer than 10 minutes in the heating mode when the ambient temperature is
above +70°F (+21.1°C).
(8) Do not restrict ventilating airflow. Equipment damage and/or improper operation will occur.
Do not set up the heater unit on extremely unlevel (greater than 8 1/2 degrees from true
horizontal position) terrain. Doing so may result in improper operation or damage to equipment.
Position the heater unit approximately 7 ft. (2134 mm) from the shelter. Be sure the heater unit's duct openings face the