FIELD (UNIT) MAINTENANCE
LARGE CAPACITY FIELD HEATER
Tool Kit, General Mechanics (Item 1, WP 0092
MOS 63J or 52C
Main battery switch OFF and handle removed.
1. If necessary, block the front of the heater to take weight off the jack assembly (1).
2. Remove the bolts, lockwashers, and flat washers securing the heat exchanger top cover (2) and the
fan top cover (3) in order to gain access to the heater interior. Set the covers as well as all bolts,
3. Remove the locknut (4), hex head bolt (5), and two flat washers (6 and 7), from each of four locations
securing the jack assembly (1) to the cabinet (8).
4. Remove the jack assembly (1).
5. Install a new jack assembly by aligning the holes in the mounting flanges (9) with the holes in the
6. Install a flat washer (6) and hex head bolt (5) through the mounting flange (9) and cabinet (8) from the
outside of the heater. Secure using a flat washer (7) and locknut (4) on the interior of the heater in
four locations. Tighten all fasteners securely.