25. Remove three bolts (44) securing pump drive coupling (37) and remove coupling from engine drive
shaft. Set coupling aside. Remove long screwdriver used to lock flywheel.
Make a mark on the engine shaft to the right of the flexible coupling flange before
performing the next step. After removing the flexible coupling flange in the next steps,
measure and take note of how far the flexible coupling flange extends onto the shaft. This
is done so that flexible coupling flange can be installed on the new diesel engine in the
26. Loosen socket head screw (45) on flexible coupling flange (46). Place a flat blade screwdriver (47) in
gap on coupling flange and tap into place so as to loosen the coupler grip on the engine shaft (48).
27. Slide the coupling flange (46) and rubber coupling (49) off engine drive shaft. Leave the screwdriver
(47) tapped into the coupling flange (46) in place. Set flange and rubber coupling aside.
28. With the diesel engine positioned on the work surface, prop up using 2 2 x 4 inch sections of lumber
(or equivalent) and remove the four bolts (50) that secure the two mounting brackets (51) to the base
of the engine. Remove the brackets and attaching hardware and set aside.