41. The new diesel engine has now been prepared for installation in the heater.
42. Attach the chain lift to the engine lifting cable (32) and raise the prepared new diesel engine off the
work surface. Carefully lower into position into the engine compartment. Lower it toward the right side
near the battery compartment and then toward the left to engage the rubber coupling (49) onto the
coupling flange (55) from the inlet fan and alternator belt pulley. Do not fully install the engine on the
coupling at this time.
43. Once the engine is positioned close enough but before easy access is lost, reinstall the engine
sending unit wire (5). Continue to completely engage the rubber coupling (49) and position the engine
over the vibration mounts (28). Ensure that the four mounting holes on the mounting brackets (27)
align with the four vibration mounts. Install the four socket cap head bolts (26) removed earlier and
secure the mounting bracket (27) to the vibration mounts (28). Tighten securely.
44. Install engine oil filter drain hose (30) in spring clamp (31).
45. Install air intake hose (29) on engine. Slide clamp into position and tighten securely.