The following steps are performed on the new replacement diesel engine.
29. With the new diesel engine positioned on the work surface, prop up using 2 2 x 4 inch sections of
lumber (or equivalent) and install the four bolts (50) that secure the two mounting brackets (51) on to
the base of the engine.
30. Align the key (52) on the shaft (48) with the slot in the coupling flange and slide the coupling flange
(46) (with screwdriver tapped into slot) on the drive shaft of the engine to the dimensions noted prior
to removal from the defective engine. Install the rubber coupling (49). Tighten the socket head screw
on the coupling flange
to a torque
of 22.5 ft-lbs.
31. Remove four bolts (41) securing engine flywheel cover (40) of new engine and remove.
32. Align the large hole (42) in the flywheel (43) with the matching hole in the engine block. Insert a long
screwdriver into both holes to prevent the flywheel from turning during the next step.
33. Install burner fuel pump coupling (37) with the three bolts (44) set aside earlier. Tighten securely.
34. Install flywheel cover (4) with four bolts (41) removed earlier.