1. Inspect piston (8) and connecting rod (9) for cracks, deformation, or obvious damage. Inspect for
uneven or excessive wear. Replace component if any damage is suspected.
2. Measure the outside diameter (OD) of piston, approximately 1/2 inch from the bottom. OD must be
3.0591 inches (77.70 mm), minimum. Replace piston if out of limits.
3. Measure the internal diameter (ID) of the piston pin hole in piston. ID must be 0.8295 inch (21.07mm),
maximum. Replace piston if out of limits.
4. Measure the OD of piston pin (12) along the length of the pin. OD must be 0.8232 inch (20.91 mm),
minimum. Replace piston pin if out of limits.
5. Using new piston ring set, measure the clearance between piston rings and piston grooves. Side
clearance must be 0.0059 inch (0.15 mm), maximum. If clearance exceeds limit, replace piston.