SUSTAINMENT (GENERAL) SUPPORT MAINTENANCE
LARGE CAPACITY FIELD HEATER (LCFH)
ASSEMBLY, MAIN WIRING HARNESS
Tool Kit, General Mechanics (Item 2, WP 0092
MOS 52C or 63J
Heater shut down and cool.
Engine bay access door open.
Main battery switch in OFF position and handle
Negative cable on battery closest to engine bay
access door disconnected.
If it is determined that the entire main wiring harness requires replacement, then there is
a high probability that additional damage has been caused to other components within
the system. Therefore, it may be necessary to inspect or test other components in the
system to ensure that they are in good working order.
1. Tag and/or mark all connectors on the main wiring harness to ensure that the new main wire harness
in connected correctly.
2. Disconnect all connectors on the main wiring harness.
3. Take note of all tie wraps locations that secure the main wiring harness to the heater chassis.
4. Clip all tie wraps that secure the wiring harness to the heater chassis. Do not clip the tie wraps that
secure wires to the main wiring harness as a whole.
5. Take note of the position of the main wiring harness in the heater and carefully remove the defective
main wiring harness.
6. Install the new main wiring harness in the same position as the defective main wiring harness.
7. Tie wrap the new main wiring harness to all previously noted locations along the heater chassis.
8. Reconnect all connectors according to tags and markings made earlier.
9. Remove all tags and/or markings.
END OF WORK PACKAGE
0089 00-1/(2 Blank)