1. Install new ring set into piston ring grooves. Mount rings with end gaps staggered 120 apart (see
illustration). Make sure that rings move smoothly in grooves.
Use extreme caution when handling hot components. Wear protective
gloves. Failure to observe this warning can result in injury to personnel.
2. To install piston pin (12) into piston (8) and connecting rod (9), heat components to 158 to 176 F (70
to 80 C). Match marks on piston and connecting rod and install connecting rod into piston. Install
piston pin (12) and allow components to cool.
3. Install new circlips (11) onto piston pin (12). Insert rod bolts (3, 4) into connecting rod (9).
4. Apply oil to the outer surface of piston (8), the inner surface of the piston sleeve, and crankshaft crank
pin. Carefully install upper bearing half (10), piston (8), and connecting rod (9) into cylinder block.
Piston top mark must face crankcase cover side of cylinder block.
5. Install pins (7) into connecting rod cap (5).
6. Install lower bearing half (6). Mate connecting rod cap (5) to connecting rod (9), ensuring match
marks are aligned. Install nuts (1) and washers (2). Tighten nuts to 13.0 to 15.2 ft-lbs. (180 to 210 kg-