(6) Remove inner bearing cone and rollers
(12) Install outer bearing cone and rollers
(6) and plain encased seal (7) from
(4) over axle and into the cup inside
(7) Clean all grease from hub and bearing
(13) Install keyed washer (3) and slotted
cones with approved cleaning solvent.
hex nut (2) on axle assembly (8).
Tighten nut until hub (9) binds slight-
(8) Inspect bearing cones and cups for
ly when rotating the wheel. Back off
pitting, chipping, and broken rollers.
nut one-fourth of a turn and install
cotter pin (10) through nut and axle.
(9) Pack the bearing cone and rollers (4
Spread ends of cotter pin to secure
and 6) with wheel bearing grease.
nut. Install grease cap (1).
( 10) Install plain encased seal (7) and
(14) Remove blocking and lower jack to
inner bearing cone and rollers (6) in
remove from trailer frame.
wheel assembly (5) .
(15) Place blocks under trailer and jack up
(11) Carefully install wheel and hub on
other wheel and repack the bearing in
axle. Do not damage inner bearing
the same manner.
tune or seal when installing wheel.