(5) Remove the screw and the lockwasher
(10) Disconnect and remove the air vent line
h o l d i n g the capillary tube (22) clamp to the burner
assembly to free the clamp.
(6) Remove the nuts securing the air baffle
fuel tank support brackets.
(10) to the heater and take off the baffle.
(12) Remove the screw and the lockwasher
s e c u r i n g each end of the fuel tank support bracket
(7) Disconnect the union (9) on the burner
overflow line and remove the line.
to the heater.
(8) Disconnect the union at the burner fuel
(13) R e m o v e the support brackets.
metering valve (11).
(14) Lift the front and the rear fuel tank
supports from the heater,
b o l t s holding the air duct supporting channel (11)
(1) Observe the necessary precautions and
steam clean the tank thoroughly to dissipate all
holding the end of the chamber lower mounting
(2) Wash the supports, straps, brackets, and
bracket to the side of the heater near the burner
air vent line in SD and dry them thoroughly.
( 3 ) Blow compressed air through the air vent
(1) Remove the nuts and the lockwashers
line to remove any obstruction.
holding the burner triangle hanger (20) to the
c. Inspection. Check all components for holes,
heater. Carefully remove the burner assembly and
tracks, and dents and for other signs of damage.
the gasket from the heater.
Check the air vent line for any obstruction.
(1) Separate the gasket from the burner
(1) Weld any breaks or cracks and straighten
any dents in the brackets, straps, and supports.
(2) Remove the burner overflow nipple (16,
(2) Straighten any dents in the fuel tank.
( 3 ) Solder a sheet metal patch over any cracks
(3) Remove the union (11) and the nipple
or holes in the fuel tank. Weld broken seams only as
from the vaporizer line tee.
an emergency expedient.
e. Installation. Reverse the procedure in
(4) Remove the nuts and the lockwashers
holding the burner triangle hanger (8) to the burner
a. a b o v e .
air chamber (9) and take the hanger (8) with the
burner from the air chamber.
a. Removal, Inspection, and Installation. R e f e r
(5) Lift the burner bowl vaporizer (6), the fuel
v a p o r i z e r line (12), the central air distributor baffle
b . Inspection. Check the propeller fan guard for
(1), the flame spreader assembly (2), and the
dents, cracks, and breaks.
burner central air distributor assembly (21) from
c. Repair. Straighten any dents, and weld all
the burner air chamber (9).
cracks and breaks.
( 6 ) Remove the bolts (7, fig. 5-5) and nuts (9
Vehicular Axle W i t h
and 10). Holding the burner bowl top retaining
Retractable Handle, Wheels, and
ring (6) to the burner, take off the ring.
( 7 ) Lift out the burner howl perforated sleeve
a. Removal, Inspection, and Installation. Refer
(8) Remove the nuts (13), the lockwasher
b. Inspection and Repair. Check for cracks,
( 1 4 ) , the anchor channel clip (12), and the anchor
b r e a k s , dents, and wear; weld all cracks and breaks
c h a n n e l (1) from the burner central air distributor
stud , w h i c h i s a t t a c h e d t o t h e f l a m e s p r e a d e r
and straighten dents.
Burner Assembly and
(9) Begin at the top and lift off the flame
spreader assembly (2) with the stud, and the
central air burner distributor (5).
(1) Drain the fuel tank and the engine oil
(10) Take the central air distributor ring (3)
and the air distributor baffle (4) from the central
(2) Remove the carburetor air cleaner. (TM
(11) Remove the burner fuel vaporizer line
(3) Stand the heater on end and remove the
(12, fig. 5 - 4 ) f r o m t h e f u e l l i n e - t o - b u r n e r e l b o w
(4) Remove the nuts securing the air baffle
(12) Remove the fuel line-to-burner elbow
(21) to the heater and take off the baffle.
(20) from the burner bowl vaporizer (6).