1. Refer to Fig. 44 and install the damper cylinder and the damper cylinder linkage.
2. Install the cylinder nut and piping from solenoid valve (Para. 59).
e. Damper Cylinder Linkage Adjustment.
1. Refer to Fig. 43 for the linkage adjustment points.
NOTE: THE ADJUSTMENT OF THE DAMPER CYLINDER LINKAGE SHOULD BE STARTED WITH THE HOT
OIL HEATER WHEN IT IS NOT OPERATING AND AFTER IT HAS BEEN COOLED TO AMBIENT
DO NOT ATTEMPT TO ADJUST THE DAMPER CYLINDER LINKAGE UNLESS THERE IS SOME
EVIDENCE THAT LINKAGE HAS SLIPPED, SUCH AS EXCESSIVE SMOKE DURING FIRING OR WHEN
CYLINDER HAS BEEN REMOVED.
2. With the burner firing and in the low fire position, adjust the linkage until the stack has a slight haze.
3. Allow the control to program into high fire and adjust the linkage until stack has a slight haze in high fire.
4. Turn burner switch to "OFF" position. Control will program "OFF" and burner will return to low fire. Turn burner
switch "ON" readjust low fire setting until stack has a slight haze Allow control to program to high fire and
repeat adjustment if necessary.
5. Using an exhaust analyzer, test the CO2 content at the exhaust stack. In low fire it should be 9.0 to 10.0 per
cent. At high fire, it should be 10.5 to 11.5 per cent.
6. If the adjustment proves impossible, refer to Para. 58 and adjust the burner electrodes and properly position the
7. Follow positioning of the butterfly valve and adjustment of the burner electrodes; perform steps one (1) through
four (4) above.
8. Stop the hot oil heater (Para. 13).