c. Flow Test.
Disconnect pump-to-coupling tube as-
sembly (54) at coupling (56).
(4) Remove two screws (58) and flat
(2) Disconnect fuel pump-to-fuel tank by-
washers (57) securing fuel pump as-
sembly (52 ) to bracket. Remove fuel
fuel tank. Disconnect tube assembly
pump, with attached tube assemblies,
entering fuel tank adjacent to fuel
cap. Connect a flexible tube or hose
(5) Disconnect tube and hose assemblies
to fuel tube assemblies. Install pow-
(48, 50, 54, and 55) from fuel pump.
Remove three pipe elbows (49 and 51)
(3) obtain two liquid containers, each hav-
from fuel pump. Remove straight
ing at least a one gallon capacity.
adapter (53 ) from fuel pump.
Place hose or flexible tubes leading
(6) Remove setscrew (36) and remove fuel
from tube assemblies in unmarked
pump groove pulley (35) from fuel
ing and moving handwheel all the
e. Cleaning and Inspection.
way to the left (when facing discharge
(1) Clean all parts in an approved clean-
ing solvent and dry thoroughly.
(5) Set the temperature selector indicator
(2) Inspect all parts for evidence of leak-
ing, breaks, cracks, damaged threads,
perature of 150F. Start the heater
restriction of movement, or other dam-
age. Replace all damaged parts.
lector indicator knob as necessary until
discharge air temperature is stable at
(1) Position fuel pump groove pulley (35)
on fuel pump shaft and secure with
(6) When the temperature is stable, trans-
fer the hose or flexible tubes to the
(2) Install straight adapter (53) in fuel
measuring container. Record the time
pump assembly (52). Install three pipe
necessary for a flow of one gallon.
elbows (49 and 51) in fuel pump.
(3) Connect tube and hose assemblies (48,
(7) If the time required to measure one
50, 54, and 55) in elbows and con-
gallon of flow is more than five
minutes, replace the fuel pump.
(4) Position fuel pump assembly (52),
Disconnect hose or flexible tubes from
with attached tube assemblies, on
fuel lines and connect tube assemblies
mounting bracket. Secure fuel pump
to fuel tank.
with two screws (58) and flat washers
(57). Install V-belt and adjust V-belt
(5) Connect fuel pump-to-coupling tube
assembly (54) to coupling (56). Con-
nect fuel pump-to-casing tube assem-
power unit. Remove V-belt from pul-
bly (55) to flexible elbow (62) at
side of casing.
(2) Disconnect filter-to-pump metal hose
(6) Connect pump-to-tank tube assembly
assembly (50, fig. 34) from fluid filter
(48) to straight adapter (34) at fuel
(47). Disconnect pump-to-tank tube
tank. Connect fuel filter-to-pump met-
assembly (48) from straight adapter
al hose assembly (50) to fluid filter
(34) at tank.
(3) Disconnect fuel pump-to-casing tube
assembly (55) at flexible elbow (62).