(2) Secure spring assembly (19) to axle
f. Handle and Basket.
assembly (15) by loosely installing
(1) Assemble and position the three sec-
two U-bolts (20), plate (16), four
tions of the trailer handle (3, 6, and
26) on the front of trailer frame (21).
Secure the other spring in the same
(2) Position snow shield (24) on trailer
(3) Position two shackles (24) on rear of
(3) Secure snow shield and handle by in-
spring assembly (19) and secure by
stalling two screws (10), washers (9)
installing shackle bolt (26), slotted
and nuts (8).
hex nut (21), and cotter pin (22).
(4) Place basket (1) on handle and secure
Install the remaining two shackles to
by installing four U-bolts (2), lock-
the other spring in the same manner.
washers (5) and nuts (4).
g. Flexible Air Hose.
(4) Place trailer frame (21, fig. 45) on
(1) Remove three 6-inch air hose from
blocks to provide an 18-inch clearance
cardboard container and position on
from the ground.
(s) Position assembled axle, wheels, and
(2) Remove two 12-inch air hose and duct
springs under trailer frame and secure
adapter from cardboard container and
by installing four shackle bolts (26,
cotter pins (22). Install lubrication
fitting (25) in each shackle bolts (26).
12. Equipment Conversion
(6) Tighten two hex nuts (18) on each of
a. General. The BT400-40 heater is equipped
the four U-bolts (20) installed in
with two power units, Depending on the source
paragraph (2) above.
of power, either the gasoline engine power unit
or the electric motor power unit can be used to
b. Tow Bar and Lock Pins.
drive the heater. The electric motor power unit
(1) Install two chains connected to pins
is also available on an as required basis for
operation of the BT400-40-1 heater. The in-
(21) and secure with two screws (12)
structions contained in the following para-
graphs are applicable on both models.
(2) Position tow bar (22) on trailer frame
b. Gasoline Engine Power Unit.
and secure by installing screw (22)
and nut (7).
(a) On Model BT400-40 heaters, re-
(3) Secure tow bar in desired position by
move cabinet (fig. 1) by disengag-
installing pin (13). Remove blocking
ing two latches.
(b) On Model BT400-40-1 heaters, dis-
c. Heater Assembly (BT400-40). Position
engage cabinet latches and open
the heater assembly on trailer frame (21), with
the discharge end facing the rear, and secure by
(c) Remove three
thumb screws (fig.
installing four straps (19).
7) securing gasoline engine power
d. Heater Assembly (BT400-40-1). Position
unit to resilient mounts.
the heater assembly on trailer frame with the
(d) Disconnect engine fuel line quick-
discharge end facing the rear. Secure heater
assembly to trailer frame using eight capscrew
engine fuel filter.
(21, fig. 39) and self-locking nuts (24).
(e) Pull gasoline engine power unit
e. Duct Holders. Position duct holder (14,
back from heater to disengage ex-
fig. 45) trailer frame (21)
haust pipe and flexible rubber
sleeve from drive coupling at-
stalling screw (10), washer (9), and nut (8).
Install the two remaining duct holders (14) in
tached to engine power unit crank-
the same manner.