SUSTAINMENT (GENERAL) SUPPORT MAINTENANCE
LARGE CAPACITY FIELD HEATER (LCFH)
REMOVE, SERVICE, INSPECT, INSTALL
Tool Kit, General Mechanics (Item 2, WP 0092
MOS 63J or 52C
Heater shut down and cool.
Engine bay access door open.
Main battery switch OFF and handle removed.
Engine maintenance requires metric tools for the removal of all hardware and
1. Remove flywheel housing (1) from cylinder block (7) by removing fours screws (2), washers (3),
collars (4), and spacers (5). Remove seal (6).
2. Using flywheel locking handle, hold flywheel (10) in place and remove nut (8) and washer (9).
3. Carefully remove flywheel (10) from crankshaft using flywheel remover. Use care to prevent damage
to flywheel fins.
4. Remove key (11). Remove bearing holder (21) and screw (22).
6. Carefully remove assembled crankshaft (16) from cylinder block, taking care not to damage oil seal
(14). Remove key (20).
7. Drive crankshaft out of crankcase using a deadblow hammer.